Mud Therapy at Abano Thermal Spasa certified natural cure
Our Spa Treatments are approved!
Hotel Aurora Terme has been approved by the National Health Service (USSL), local health authority and the main Italian health provider agencies.
Mud therapy is a 100% natural cure, which proved to prevent and effectively treat many ailments and disorders. Approved by the national health service it is certified exceptional first-grade by the health ministry.
Abano Terme’s muds are osmosis muds made of clay, specifically taken from a location on the Euganean Hills featuring an inorganic base that includes microflora, algae, diatoms, protozoa, bacteria, and single-mineral plant based compounds of different types deriving mainly from the stage of aging of the mud themselves.
The water is the unique hyper-thermal salso-bromo-iodic water, from the source rich in chemical and physicochemical properties (link water and thermal water sourced story).
The thermal water not only mineralizes the mud but contributes to its aging with an additional contribution of microorganisms and algae.
Mud therapy is recommended not only as a therapy, but also as a prevention treatment for younger people. A source of mental and physical well-being that is all-natural and fully bio-compatible.
The main benefits of thermal mud
- It stimulates the production “natural cortisone” with an anti-inflammatory effect
- it stimulates the production of endorphins which helps to better endure pain
- It stimulates the immune system through the thermal stress induced by the thermal mud
- Effective against rheumatic disorders: osteoarthritis and other degenerative, extra-articular rheumatism
- Effective against skin disorders: psoriasis, eczema and atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis
- Proven anti-inflammatory, analgesic, muscle relaxant, to protect cartilage and to promote restructuring, draining and stimulating the metabolic processes and resistance to pathogens.
Thermal mud is also used in aesthetics thanks to its ability to promote detoxification and cleansing of the skin by absorbing toxins and waste, leaving a hydrated, soft and smooth skin.
The unique properties of thermal mud with a high concentration of active substances make this therapeutic treatment truly unique.
The primary properties are
- Heat capacity that is the power of accumulation or dispersion of heat when in contact with the skin.
- Absorption due to a spontaneous physical process of osmosis, under which mineral substances are absorbed by the skin and particles of water and fat dissipate (which is why the thermal mud treatments can be used generously in the aesthetic field ).
The outward passive transfer process is an important phenomenon in biology. The degree of plasticity that ensures the ability to adhere to the surface of the body respect to the number and size of solid components.
The studies and the most recent findings on the pharmacological properties of mud confirm without a doubt that they are ideal for use in treating: arthritis, osteoarthritis , gout , injury, fractures, and skin diseases and they are particularly effective against inflammations of the musculoskeletal system such as joint arthritis, tendinitis, muscle pain and inflammation.
Assessment of the optimal conditions of use
Before starting any spa treatments, you will meet one of our spa therapists for an interview and visit, at time of first admission. On this occasion, the application, duration and temperature of the mud will defined to achieve maximum benefits from your treatment. For those who make use of the full spa treatment, the medical exam will take place usually on Sunday afternoon, or alternatively from Monday to Friday early in the morning. For the duration of your stay, in the morning, a physician will be available for assistance and further medical evaluations if required.
2. Thermal mud application
The thermal mud is spread directly on the skin at a temperature ranging from 38° C to 42 ° C for a period of approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
At the end of the application, assisted by the operator, after a shower, you will enjoy a Spa bath at a temperature of about 37° C for 8 to 15 minutes. This water may be enriched with ozone to improve circulation.
At the end of the treatment, you will be able to relax during the natural perspiration reaction that completes the biological effects of the mud therapy.