I Colli EuganeiA natural reserve only 15 minutes away
The town of Abano Terme is located at the foothills of the Euganean Hills of volcanic origins. The Euganean Hills regional park provides an extraordinary array of opportunities to spend a few hours or full days immersed in nature, among green rest areas in the middle of long hiking trails where it is possible to enjoy just the sounds of nature. A few kilometers from Abano one can also find beautiful golf courses surrounded by the beauty of the hills such as Montecchia golf club and Frassanelle golf club. In April, in addition, two major sport events take place: the Padua marathon that crosses the spa area and the youth international soccer tournament of Abano.
Are you looking for a spa special offer that allow you also to visit the area?
Staying at the spa, relaxing and have time to travel around to discover the nearby Euganean Hills Natural Park is a perfect combo for a unique vacation. If you wish to take advantage of our special offers with full board + SPA and treatments, we would recommend you at least a 4-day stays, so that you can have time to:
- Relax at our hotel and our thermal pools
- Organize your natural field trips along the Euganean Hills park trails
For those who love hiking and trekking we recommend strolls in the pedestrial area of Abano Terme, with its streets filled with shops and fashionable boutiques. Treed boulevards, several city parks and green areas such as the new urban spa park, the Poggio Montirone o San Daniele Park.
- for nature enthusiasts, we recommend browsing the list of charming hiking and trekking trails on the Eugenan Hills.
- For organized sport activities and to learn about hiking events, runs and Nordic walking visit the website of the famous amoleterme organization.
At Hotel Aurora it is possible to complement your stay with strolls nearby by bike available for free for our guests. In addition to the Abano streets, parks and beautiful biking trails, we would like to recommend field trips across the Euganean area:
- The Euganean Hills biking loop
- Trails on the enbankments of the Battaglia canal passing through the Catajo castle up to Monselice
- along the embankments of the Bacchiglione River towards the castle of San Martino in Cervarese Santa Croce.
Or in the immediate vicinity at the foot of the Hills:
For sport enthusiasts we inform that there is the possibility to rent mountain bikes (if notified in advance).
Below a list of more challenging routes near Abano and on the Euganean hills:
- orange trail from Montegrotto going through Valsanzibio and almost up to the top of Mount Rua
- blue trail that goes through Galzignano Terme, Castelnuovo and Mount San Daniele
- yellow trail a short loop around Mount Alto
- black trail a long trail that goes through Monselice up to Teolo before snaking back to Abano
- red trail that goes through Battaglia Terme and the city of Este
- Green trail that loops around Mount Ventolone
Ask the hotel reception for field trip suggestions and to get more information on these and so many other trails.